178

 I am feeling bereft and quietly brutalized but with still. Filled with deep gratitude that I got through the day (and the day got through me). Here are the things I am grateful for:

1. Papa is well. He sounded well and happy. He takes an auto to his college. I am not happy about that but I sense that he hurries to hang up if I pester him about not leaving house. So I shut up today. 

2. I completed a storyboard quickly today. I am sort of happy about how it turned out.

3. I am on leave tomorrow and day after. This Saturday also, a cousin might come and visit. But that's in the future. I may have to pitch in to complete the tasks during my days off. But let's see what happens. Today I am grateful for setting up the Auto-responder for being on leave.

4. Cook made hummus at home. Oh man! So superb it was!

5. I ate some nice fruits today.

6. I had a beautiful, tender conversation with a friend. It was sweet. He told me about the trees near his home in Pune. One is a a variation of an elm tree. Every season, it disperses hundreds and hundreds of seeds that float around in the wind. When he was a child, he would chase these seeds with his friends and they would all eat them. I found that so fascinating - that somewhere inside him, there's a tree that grows and sustains him. It's so strange and symbiotic - our present version's relation to a past joy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)