179

 I read about the EY CA today. I am sad - especially when I learned that she was new to Pune and was adjusting to a whole lot. I am not sure if the quick solve is to only hold EY or the manager responsible. Without dismissing this painful event. I have to bring up an alternative. This young girl worked. I have been surrounded by plenty who don't. In a bid to avoid burnout, people are avoiding work altogether. And it doesn't help. 

An aspect of finding work-life balance is an inside job as well. 

There is no getting around it. Sometimes if you are an obsessive personality, you will not have balance even if your company gives you a 6-hor work period. If it's not the job, it's a hobby. If it's not the hobby, it's a relationship. If it's not a relationship, it's an ideology. Balance is possible when we truly learn to detach. When we are not deriving self-value and self-worth only by working ourselves to the ground.

Anyway, this was something I wanted to get off my chest. When I have not set boundaries, very often I have been rewarded by the payoff that I am wanted/ needed/ indispensable. Having or not having a job didn't have too much of a role to play there.

But hindsight is always 20-20.

Anyway, here are all the things that I am very grateful for:

1. Papa is well and I met him today. We had lunch together and it was so nice. Lunch itself was really tasty. I had taken homemade tofu wraps in nachni rolls and hummus for Papa. And our Bengali cook had made really tasty aaloo-poshto, baigun bhajaa, fried tendli, yellow daal and rice. It was so so tasty!

2. Papa and I went to the Kali mandir. The temple was closed - in the sense, the sanctum sanctorum had the grills down. But I could see Ma through the grills - so happy and cheerful she looked. I love the image of Ma Kali - she always reminds of a spirited little girl.

3. Papa and I went for coffee to the Starbucks on Sector 17. It was a beautiful chat we had. Something was bothering me for a while. I asked Papa that it feels as if he and I have the kind of luck or destiny where we will always do more for people than what will be done for us. Without acknowledgment or thanks. Papa said that it was not people. It was life. We do what we can because we can

4. Had a fabulous 1 hour walk to Bandstand.

5. The moon truly was bewitching.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)