177

Today was an off and it was a sweet enough day. I had a crazy nap - long, deep - it felt like an eternal seduction into the quiet. Here are all the things I am grateful for today:

1. Papa is well. Spoke to him and he sounded so cheerful! That was good. In fact, that's the most precious treasure I look for everyday - his joy. 

2. Got a short assignment that I finished in a couple of hours. 

3. I was thinking about money today. I need to earn more and was wondering where to go looking for more work. I felt myself getting into the usual panic mode but I stopped. Whatever else happens, that is the path in my brain that gets rewired. I will not panic or stress about money anymore. When I think about it, I have never actively made a budget but there was always enough for everything. Lately I have been flummoxed about how, even without making a to-do list, sone things get done. Of course, some stuff get left out. But that might mean that tasks come with their own destinies (or timelines). You intervene with some purity and then move out.

4. I started watching House - the medical series on Netflix. It is so awesome! Hugh Laurie is superb!

5. Ate some tasty stuff today. There was hummus with smileys and cucumbers, sliced pears, and stuff. A fried bhindi and potato dish and a masala rice dish.

6. I woke up from my nap, slightly disoriented. Then I just sat around. lay down again, then surfed through the gram. Then just pushed myself, washed my face, wore my harem pants and t--shirt and went to the gym. There was a sweet elderly lady in the gym along with her son. Her son always confuses me with someone else in the building. He confused me again. But his mother, the elderly lady with lavender-dyed hair spoke to me about Bandra of old. Earlier they owned a few bungalows in the area, but now they are staying in my building. It's an interesting phenomenon - how people get nudged out of the areas they call home. This reminded me of strengthening my resolve to work on detachment.

7. After gym, I had a luscious evening. Lit a candle and placed it on the ledge of the window. Beyond the steady flame of a straight, white candle, I saw the city lights twinkling. I genuinely felt a warm thankfulness seep though my heart and veins. It was a lovely feeling. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)