174

 The blog is getting more popular, I see. Interesting. I was very tired and out of sorts yesterday. Scrambled to the bank to get money but it was closed. Still, the fact that I am sitting here typing away at my blog means that I have survived the day and have something good to relay about what went down.

Here's a quick picture of what it's like tonight.

I am wearing a very soft tee-shirt that now has holes in them but it is soft as a whisper, as a roomali roti (same colour too) and a crimson scarf as wrap-around to open the door tomorrow morning, etc. These are nightclothes, yes, but oddly chic and comfortable. It's good enough to get on a ferry and sail away to the moon. 

Okay - so what are all the things that I am grateful for today:

1. Papa is well. We didn't speak today but there were no urgent or panic calls. So all good.

2. I had the most excellent service at the Geetanjali salon. They wax eyebrows, not thread them. I prefer this and now my eyebrows are looking so well-defined and sharp. I love them! The lady who waxes eyebrows is from Manipur - sweet, gentle, and just so skilfull.

3. Met some friends for dinner at One8Commune in Juhu. I love Juhu! The restaurant was spacious and very well decorated - distressed walls that don't look like rundown dungeon (could be the palette of ecru and eggshell they have going on). And the food was inventive and tasty. (I strongly recommend this place.)

4. My friend, Chi, loaned me a couple of books on Forensics. I am so delighted and really looking forward to reading it. There's a book on cold cases. Really eager to read it.

5. There was enough money in the bank to enjoy an impromptu dinner with friends, take a rick to Juhu, get a nice salon treatment, and send some money to a friend who needed it. Really thankful that I have this much.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)