173

 A day began and a day ended. A few things that I am grateful for. It's a Friday - the last day of the week so I can unwind and take the time with my list. To set the scene - it is nearly 4:30 a.m. I had started this post around midnight but then slept off for a bit, watched a ton of YouTube shorts (Two Broke Girls is really growing on me) and faffed around. But here I am after winding down and this post today is a precious little piece of life:

1. Papa is well. He called today which is a rarity. Usually I am the one calling. But we spoke. He sounded well. He said that he is still working 3-4 hours a day and really enjoying it. I told him to stop working - I'm earning enough and all that. He said that it is not for the money (which knowing the kind of raw deals my father gets, I know he will not get paid), but he likes it. I am not in favor of him working but then, I am trying really hard to detach myself and let him do whatever makes him happy. Sometimes I think I have caused more grief by trying to protect people from unhappiness. Anyway, he is healthy, happy, and occupied. That is a prize.

2. I had a glass of chilled coconut water earlier today. It was such a delicious sundowner. Actually it was part sunset - mid moonriser instead. It was nice to sip something fresh at night.

3. There's a dish my cook makes with leftover rice. (Today I was having some unpolished rice.) She fries it with dry-roasted chillies, cumin seeds, haldi, green chilli, onions, and maybe a little tomato. It is so tasy - and it actually tastes better when made with left-over rice instead of fresh rice.

4. There was some old croissant that I toasted hard with butter. My cleaning lady and I split that for lunch and had it with some hashbrowns and tea. It was nice. 

5. The bowl of melons, papayas, and kiwis made for such a pretty fruit bowl. Nowadays I am having fruits for health reasons. I don't care much for them. But the palette of freshly cut fruits is quite something. It makes your heart smile. 

6. We had a tough delivery today - two deliveries actually. We managed to do this. It's odd - how you can feel that something is tight and tough but I will put up with anything as long as I get to write or storyboard. I love that. I wish I did one storyboard everyday. But nowadays I have to lead teams and all that. That is also good and it is interesting to see how similar people are and keenly they start displaying characters that you have seen emerge in your own personality - good or bad. But honestly, it may not even be accurate to label these traits. Every trait serves a purpose.

7. I have been sitting at the laptop and sipping a Diet Coke. Outside the sun is just coming up. Sweet little blessing glimpses through. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)