167

 Tired and dehydrated. But let's see. It was a full day today and we have a lot to be grateful about:

1. Papa is well. I did not get to talk to him but got to know that he was out for Ganpati darshans. 

2. A friend and I went to Matunga for ganpati darshans. We stood in line and saw the GSB Ganpati. It was gorgeous! Such a wise, peaceful, happy Ganeshji. The flower  market at Matunga was a sight to behold! There were these garlands with such beautiful purple blooms- deep purple. They weren't orchids. They looked like little compact dandelions. 

3. Our eatings at Matunga were something - I had a yummy spinach dosa and podi- idli with filter coffee. My friend had a rava sada dosa, butter milk and filter coffee. Then we had a couple of softees from Just Chill 7 ice-cream parlour - a butterscotch and strawberry mix for my friend and a vanilla for me. Then we dropped into someone's house. They gave us home-made luscious ukadacchi laddoos with ghee, coffee, chips, and all. It was so tasty. A little girl was there and the people had 2 sweet, happy dogs. It was a lovely time!

4. I wasn't getting a kaali-peeli  cab back. (Phone had conked so I couldn't book one.) One driver dropped me to Sion station and then told me to cross the bridge and take a rick from the other side because roads were blocked because of processions. I did that and reached home safe. There's a special kind of drowsiness you feel when you're in an open cab or rick and there's a nice breeze out. It felt nice.

5. I ordered some mushroom pot rice and mapo tofu from Kuai Chinese. It was tasty. Grateful that I had money to buy food and afford to indulge myself when tired. Sometimes I am really grateful that I have full agency over my money. (To the extent that I understand - I realize that there are economic and political dynamics that have a strong sway on how much I earn but given those parameters, I am so grateful that I have full say on how I will earn money and how I will spend it.)

6. Had a decent body scrub massage this morning from Urban Clap. The lady was such a happy, gentle soul from Manipur. Initially when she started, I got the feeling that she was sad. Something about her touch somehow made me feel that she was sad. I asked her if she was comfortable. She said yes and then opened up. Out of nowhere before she left, she told me about the pickles she would make and eat at home with some leaves and berries. It's funny - the kinds of things that get spilled between strangers. 

Everyone, have a blessed Ganesh Chaturthi. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)