168

 Since the last two days, I have been getting the feeling that the next few years will be tough. The next few months will definitely be difficult. It will just require me to be like a soldier to get through this. No artistry, no softness, no meandering...I pray for the fortitude to show up and get through.

With that preamble, I now present the few things that I am grateful for:

1. Papa is well He sounded happy and tired.

2. I had to work today and I made some headway. Not as much as I would have liked to. But I'm happy that something got done.

3. I ate some fruits today so that is a big step towards well-being.

4. I went and had a lovely head massage at Hair Love Stories in Bandra West. It was a nice 1-hour massage and I got a haircut and a wash and all that. It was relaxing.

5. My cook and cleaning lady turned up today and they enjoyed the soft, spongy modaks.

6. I wore a really pretty Marks and Spencer dress. It was a long linen dress with a comfortable slit. I'd bought it in Hyderabad. (I wonder if I should make a trip there again.) Sometimes I wish I could go somewhere else and work for a few months. 

7. I spotted a beautiful coppery crescent moon from the gym. It was a lovely, soft sight. (All kinds of gentle beauty are welcome when you're in the trenches.)

I will sleep now. Maybe I'll get sleep. Maybe I won't - but my spine needs the reassurance of my bed now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)