161

 There's a very strong internal turmoil and a bad churn. I was just filled with blinding rage a moment ago. It was so strong and violent that I had to go and lie down for a while. But despite these quagmires, there were a few things that I am grateful for. Here's the list:

1. Papa is well and I went to visit him today.

2. This weekend I attended a workshop on personal branding. Today the session was good. I am not sure how much I will be able to apply in a freelance setup but I think I will reflect on this a little bit and then see what direction I could take. (I wish there were a talent management company that could manage some aspects of my work. I think it would be a good deal for the two of us. I have made so many wrong choices because of emotional dysregulation. And no matter how much people say that talking about mental health is important, etc., if you have had episodes of compromised mental well-being and have talked about it, it's not easy getting a second chance. But one lives in hope.)

3. I went and returned from Vashi safe. The cab was going fast but no accidents. 

4. We saw some of the larger ganpatis being rolled to the neighborhoods. Man! The sight of a happy, wise, content Ganesha on a busy road fills me with joy. Yes there will be traffic and chaos for a long time but I've been dealing with this know of fear and anger for so long that the sightings of the happy modak-loving God is excellent. And it will be time for modaks soon! 

5. I had two really tasty vada pavs with the fried chillies coated with salt. I loved it. I generally love vada pav and I think the best ones are in Mumbai and Lonavala (no matter how much Punekars sulk). But the accompaniment to a vada pav is what I love a lot too. And as simple as fried chillies are, the perfect ones are evenly coated with the salt and oil and the dandi of the chilli is slightly crispy.

6. I tried ash gourd juice today and it was quite nice. My insides actually felt good and soothed. I've been some health issues lately and apparently I need a detox. While a complete life-detox may be in order, I thought I will start with the body. My friend who is into holistic healing and Ayurved had told me about ash gourd juice (called safed petha in Hindi). It is supposed to cleanse your insides. Man! It's amazing how good I feel.

7. I wrote my journal today. I realized that even with all the writing and recording I do, I need to write my diary - even if it is just a couple of sentences or paragraphs or pages - to be secrets between me and me. 

8. Another interesting sight was the rather large procession of Vitthals on Hill Road. This was a first. I had never seen this here and on Hill Road, no less. The women were dressed in bright sarees and the men were wearing white frock-tunics with red borders. An unusual sight - and that's what made it special. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check (the) mate

Not the same, all the same - Rang de Basanti, being a Hindu, uniform civil code, and Hostage – in that unrelated sequence

First Impressions: How to Get Away with Murder (Netflix)