So, about today...

 It was a mixed bag - more tumult than anything nice. But my cook didn't come today so I had to enter the kitchen. I didn't do much but was so emotionally exhausted that I took a long nap. By the time I woke up, my father had cooked the other dish and that was that.

A friend had come over to Bandra but couldn't meet her because I was getting too stressed over work and the fact that my cook didn't land up today. Ordered a couple of dishes that I would highly recommend:

Almond croissants from Poetry Love and Cheesecake. They are the only ones in Bandra that make eggless variations of this.

Katthal (or jackfruit) biryani from Biryani by the Kilo. It was awesome! It came in a clay pot sealed with an atta seal to keep the rice fresh and steamed. It was so fragrant and lovely! I am trying to cut down on sugar and rice because it is good for health. But today I needed to indulge to just soothe myself down.

Went to Bandstand with V after a long time. Many months. We talked but I sensed a certain quietness. Our equation had hit a rough patch and whatever I know of him and what I know of myself, I don't think we will fully recover from it. But when you've grown up together, there's an allowance you make for the people you knew from long before. Because they are good people. You keep all the sound and circus aside, there's comforting goodness. And some really stupid jokes that I find funny. Those always help.

Spoke with another friend. I felt a little surprised by what he said. But I guess I must not be very oversensitive about a lot of things. I have not socialized for ages - sometimes I think that outside of a transaction, I have forgotten how to talk with people. In fact, I think that outside of a work transaction or familial equation, I have forgotten how to converse with men. 

Can't stress much about that now.

Anyway, I watched this movie, "Falling for Christmas" with Lindsay Lohan. I really enjoyed it. She is so pretty and charming. One saw glimpses of the sweet, young kid who was in Mean Girls. It's a simple story of a rich daughter of a tycoon who has a skiing accident and loses her memory. She then finds herself in a small ski resort run by a charming widower. She doesn't remember that she has no skills in doing regular chores. So there is a series of cute disasters designed to get the guy to fall in love with her - getting tangled in sheets, adding too much detergent in the washing machine, bungling over the omelets, etc. But it all ends well. 

Maybe that's the key takeaway from today or the key thing to focus on. It will all end well.



Comments