Very weird

 It has been a strange day. I took a nap for a half hour but it felt like it was for 5 or 6 hours.

Went to the gym and tried working out a little seriously. Watched an interview of Jordan Peterson. I admire him because I generally admire a lot of people from Harvard. But overall I do find him dour and difficult.

In the course of the interview, he was talking about his wife's illness and then his own illness. Apparently, it was quite debilitating. He started crying. I felt bad. Maybe because I feel that his ill health cracked a seemingly invincible veneer. His position seems to be that men don't get their due and the aggression of liberals, the woke community that leads to cancel culture, the polarizing nature of sharp feminism, etc. He has a lot of supporters and a lot of detractors. But in these interviews where he talks of his wife and illness and then breaks down (even in a Russell Brand interview, he choked up while talking), you see something. You see someone who has been trying to be tough for too long. 

Could he be right though? Nowadays I wonder, very seriously, what do men want? What makes them happy? What makes them afraid? And when do they feel safe? Why is there such a deep psychological divide and distrust again women? 

Just...what happened there?

Comments