A heartfelt Saturday

 Today I went to the planetarium with Papa. We got lunch at a restaurant close by. He had Thukpa. Really enjoyed it. I went to the planetarium after school. So I revisited it after Pluto was out of the solar system. I can't explain - the sense of being so small in the immenseness that just keeps growing. There were little children. There were parents who were trying to answer kiddie questions as soon as they were asked, and there were young college couples - and that was the group I was most curious about. Do they choose partners differently after they get a sense of just how massive infinity is? What does a dinner or a night out with you mean after I know that my tiny life will not even be a speck in the tiniest portion of the smallest sun? If I studied astrophysics, would I live differently? Would I love differently? Would I work differently?

Sometimes I become sharply aware of just how finite my time with my father is. One day this will go away and end. But it wasn't today. And for that itself, to whatever it is that is holding up the sky - thank you.

Comments