Full

 Went to Mount Mary and walked around. It was all so pretty. I realize that I enjoy Bandra best when I am walking about alone. Not driving through or even walking with someone else. 

When I was studying French in Alliance Francaise, we read a short essay by Victor Hugo or Voltaire. He had described Paris with the thoroughness of a lover and the gentleness of a parent. He had written a line that, translated, went like this, "If a man walks around in Paris alone when it is raining, he starts to believe that Paris belongs to him and him alone." 

I feel this way in Bandra. Walking around in the luscious cool night, sun down, moon high, lights prickling through staid darkness, shops crowded with the red felt and velvet Christmas decorations and Santa caps...yes, there's a solid friendship I have with this place. 

Comments