Not quite done for the day so...

 Today I ate masala puris, aaloo mutter, and aata halwa. I love puris. I also love chhole bhature. I told J that I will see her in July and we will eat deep-friend stuff every day. I hope that is still a thing in South Delhi where I have encountered horrors such as sugar-free moong daal halwa and air-fried bread pakodas. This is why no one trusts people in South Delhi - they really do take the joy out of everything. And by joy, I mean grease. The finger tips must shine and gleam with unabsorbed oil. That's when you know something is well-made. 

I am having a cup of black coffee now. I like it. I also like coffee with a splash of coconut milk. Also a bit of almond milk or a tablespoon of Milkmaid - condensed milk. In one of my trips to the US - I think this was when I was staying with my friend in Chicago - I came across cans of unsweetened condensed milk. I was horrified. I didn't even know that that could exist or why someone would get the unsweetened version. Milkmaid is really good! 

I would love to have some good vanilla ice-cream now. My favorite flavour is vanilla - French Vanilla if one is paying 4 times the regular amount...but I love vanilla. I love vanilla flavored anything. My mom used to LOVE chocobars. And she would only eat the top chocolate coating and give me the rest. She wouldn''t order a chocolate ice-cream. She would order chocobar which ic basically a vanilla ice-cream dipped and coated with chocolate. But that's what she liked.

I feel my moneyplant is getting a life of its own. I mean, it is a living thing so it does have a life of its own. But now it is turning away towards the window and ignoring me. It's behaving like an adoloscent. 




Comments