Sweet little walk

 Today, R and I had stepped out at around 5 to check if we could get anything. We were down to very few rations and I was feeling a very special type of suffocation that this pandemic has brought on. 

The weather was beautiful. The sunlight was butter and honey. While walking up Pali Hill, I saw a large-ish patio of a flat in a dilapidated building. It seemed to be overrun by all the potted plants and creepers. There were tons of large, round danglers that seemed to be made of mother-of-pearl...they had that sort of luster. The walls had such pretty knick-knacks. R told me that the patio seemed to belong to world travelers who brought back pretty things to decorate their place with.

R and I were in luck. All the grocery stores were closed or were only doing home deliveries. But one told us to separate, move to the opposite side of the road, stand by the gate, etc. And then the shopkeeper came out, furtively looked side to side to check if there were any cops, and gave us our sugar and two bottles of Chinese sauces. It was all quite exciting.

On the way back, we also got two coconuts and I spotted a beautiful tree with pale lavender-mauve blooms. It was so gorgeous! 

In the building, R and I sat for a few minutes in the patio. It is really tiny, has a few swings, and has a kitschy mix of plastic and real plants. The walls and pillars are painted with monkeys and birds. I like it. It's a charming little spot to just sit and gather your wits together.

I am sitting with hot coffee now and typing this. It was a good day.

Comments