243 of 15,400

Things I am grateful for today:

1. It's Friday. So just through urban instinct, it feels cheery.

2. Withdrew some money.

3. Wrote compulsively for a while. There was a slight relief.

4. A very good friend of mine from Pune called me. Felt really good talking to her.

5. Watched a couple of reviews of Judgmental hai Kya. That was nice.

6. A book on Educational Psychology got delivered. Today I felt moved that the Amazon guy came at 10:30 to deliver the parcel...in this rain. It felt like someone kept their end of the promise. No matter what.

7. Rained a lot today.

8. Dad and brother are safe.

9. Walked in the rain for a little while. A love so, so familiar!

10. Three or four times, remembered to breathe.

11. I am healthy.

12. Didn't feel like writing today but did.

13. Wore something nice today.

14. Enjoyed my boiled rice and veggies in the morning.

15. Papa's friend had come over. They seemed to have a good time.

16. Had gone to the Mystic Mama cafe in sector 8. Really like that spot. It was stormy outside. I just sat in, had masala chai, and wrote and wrote and wrote in my yellow diary. She plays really good music. I love 'Time after time'. Superb it is.

17. Baby had come and got really competitive when I was playing with her with keys. Punched me in the nose and all.

But today was very tough. Like you can't imagine tough. I texted a friend asking whether there was any chance that my mother will come back? He said no. But he could be wrong. There are plenty of things we don't know. But she won't come back. And I will keep listing all the little things that indicate the hardy stubbornness of life and a foolish heart that lives in it.

Today that's as good as it gets.


Comments