Days 11 and 12 of 14,600

So we have already entered double-digits. Double digits are easy to enter into and longer to stay at.

Yesterday was a good day - in as much all days are good.

I had been wanting to go to a Japanese store called Usupso. I love stationery and then, I love Japanese stationery! I love it! In Bombay and Delhi, I usually shopped at Muji - I love that place. I really like the creamy paper and the wood-brown palate they have. They are expensive, though.

I had also adored the Hobonichi stationery when I had seen them at an airport somewhere but I can't order it online. Yesterday, a pal told me to check it out on Ali Baba, which I will.

So we went to Usupso yesterday. It's in Jayanagar and that is SUCH  a pretty place. You can walk and there are these huge tall trees. The trees in this city are something else.

We ate in a place called Nandini. We had a vegetarian thali and it was so yummy! The hot rice, ghee and rasam - awesome it was. Eating rice after the Navratri fast was heaven! Also, what I loved about the place was that I saw a bunch of guys eating rice and sambhar with their hands and also chugging beer out of those beer glasses. It felt so homely. I love a place like that - where you really can eat the way you do at home.

Took a bunch of photos and they are up on my Instagram page.

Anyway, life is good. Some parts are not yet figured out but that's okay.

On that note, trust everyone had a beautiful Dassera.

Over the years, different aspects of Dassera have appealed to me. But today, it's this: The asura attacked. He gets killed. Durga kills the asura. And on the ninth day, she is gone too. There is comfort to be derived from that.



Comments