Day 4 of 14,600 days

I will make this quick.

1. Worked through the night yesterday and slept at around 5 a..m.

2. Got good feedback on my work.

3. Went with my friend to Meenakshi mall. I had fries and Pepsi at Tacobell.

4. Talked with Ma. She seemed happy. Always good.

5. As part of the fast, there is this thing that I found (I used to eat that in Pune) - Barnyard millet. It's called Samak rice or variyaacha tendul in Marathi (I hope I am pronouncing it correctly). Actually, I find it very tasty. I eat it even when I am not fasting. You soak it in water for 10 minutes. Then you wash it really well. You take ghee and add the general tadka of jeera and chillies. If you eat onions, then you can add that as well. Today I also added soya chunks, salt, mirchi powder, haldi and boiled potatoes. Tossed it about. Added some more water and pressure cooked it on high flame for  whistles.

6. When I used to eat this on non-fast days, I would add capsicum, spring onions, regular onions, beans and some soya sauce and make a Chinese version out of this. It was really tasty. A low-fat alternative to rice, if you're looking and it's gluten-free. Of course, I belong to the school of thought that believes that rice is not fattening. In fact, a steady staple of rice, daal and ghee is necessary for weight loss. It has happened with me - long before I came to know that Rujuta Dwivekar had said the same thing in her book.

7. Weather was good.

8. Checked out this store in Meenakshi mall- Sapna. It's a LARGE, LARGE , LARGE stationery and book store. Shweta Nanda's book is out and I want to read it. Paradise Towers.


Comments

Unknown said…
Ooohhh...yes...I too just discovered Samak...loved it. :)