The wedding

 I have always liked Katrina Kaif. And not just for her looks. I find her very pretty, of course. But there's always been something innocent, wise, and soothing about her that I felt was deep.  And contrary to what many people think of her, I always found her to be a good actress. Not in those annoying Akshay Kumar films. But in some others like New York, that other movie with Saif, the one with Siddharth Malhotra (in fact, I had liked that movie), Zero...there are quite a few films where she shone. To be that gorgeous and play parts where you lose the guy and convince you that that's possible...I just felt that she had an emotional depth that was uncommon.

And then there was the book recommendation. In an interview, she recommended the book 'Radical Acceptance' by Tara Brach. I went through a few snippets of that book in a store and it was so painful and profound... whatever little I read of it. You know that if someone reads a book like that, they will have a certain gravitas to them. And if they recommend the book, they may have a gilded opinion of humanity at large. 

I was happy to see pictures of her wedding. Felt good. Felt right. 

Comments