Sunday

 Last couple of days have been heated. I have been having very angry and judgmental thoughts and since this type of energy always results in some types of bruises for me, I have a stubbed toe, a scab on shoulder, a scratch on chin, and a banged knee.

So I have decided to keep myself away from people for a while. 

But today I went to Vashi because Papa had called his classmate and friend from college for lunch. We went to eat out and I was wondering if I would be able to get through the lunch amicably. It was such a charming time! I loved it! I was meeting my friend and his family after ages too. His daughter is such a sweetheart! 

She was reading the 'First term' at Malory Towers. Malory Towers! My gosh! I haven't read that book in ages! But she and I bonded on that.

It was a beautiful beautiful lunch. Brother came to drop me home in Bandra. I made him a snack which he was very happy (and surprised) about. And I sent off my chilli plants with him. 

I am feeling a little sad. I had become attached to my plants. On the day that I thought that I would give living in Bandra a shot, I had put those plants up. And I am now going away soon. Although I have sent off my plants to Vashi for custody, who knows if we meet again?

It may seem silly...but I find plants to be quite protective of me. In the days when I have been really unhappy with my work or neighbors or people in general, I have seen their leaves wilt. As if they were absorbing whatever poisoned arrows were heading my way. 

I wonder if that had anything to do with my dream this morning. I dreamt that I was without clothes in an office. Not completely nude. Wrapped in a bedsheet or towel. I wasn't uncomfortable. Was just adjusting the sheet but I wasn't ashamed or felt that anyone was leching. Then I saw that I, dressed in that towel, met up with an old college friend in the office canteen. And she wanted coffee. But coffee was served in another part of the canteen and we had to get it ourselves. So I went and was waiting in line for coffee when a really fair man with slick brown hair asked me why I didn't go and get dressed in the small room where the coffee vending machine was. And I said that I just wanted coffee. 

The little I know about dreams, I know that nakedness and nudity (in certain contexts) indicate vulnerability. Since it is a work place, I assume that I intend to be more vulnerable in my dealings with clients. But some, even well-being intentioned ones, will want me 'covered'. 

We'll just have to wait and watch.

Comments