If you have no plans for a Sunday evening...

 I have known Peter Griffin for a while now. During the first pandemic, he started a Facebook group called 'Simple Recipes for Complicated Times'. It was mainly for people who, like me, did not cook regularly or didn't know cooking too well. It was one of the most fantastic, informative forums I was part of. It was completely crowdsourced and as far as community groups go, it was rich and layered and nuanced. I learned so much that I actually wanted to write about how it helped me shape some strategies for collaborative learning, something I can use in my field. (But I didn't get around to it.) I believe that forum is still there on FB.


Anyway, Peter has started a series of discussions called 'Table Talks' where he invites a guest/ friend and chats with them about food and food adjacent topics. There have been some very interesting sessions. I attended a couple - there was one by Vikram Doctor about understanding Gandhi through his dietary choices, another one on understanding the whole gamut of scientific processes only through Indian cooking. (The speaker, Krish Alok, has written a book called 'Masala Lab'.)


There is one session tonight (8 PM IST) with Sonia Jabbar who runs a tea estate, is part of a foundation for elephants, and is up to many magical things. To register, go here - https://lnkd.in/dcb9aa9E.


For more details on this delightful series of conversations, check out - https://lnkd.in/dYsfKdkD


You'll find details about Peter's earlier guests there as well. Do make it if you can. It will be a Sunday well spent.

Comments