Halloween and besan laddoo

Today was a nice, cheery day. I went to Mount Mary's twice. This afternoon V took me to buy shirts for my dad and brother. And then we went for a ride to Bandstand and all.

And I went at night, as per my habit. It is so lusciously lovely at night. The weather is cool and fresh and every night, closer to Diwali, more and more lights are getting set up. So it looks like a tree-lined Avenue with luminous flowers. 

As I approached the Mount tonight, I saw some things being set up, possibly for shooting. Not sure if it was film or a news crew or something. I have always noticed that when there is a media crew around, the hawkers just sell better quality stuff. I thought I will get a cup of hot coffee and samosa. But I had ordered a box of besan laddoos. I had a dream about laddoos during my nap. I LOVE besan laddoos. The best are the ones from ISKCON. Oh my God! I would join Hare Rama Hare Krishna in a heartbeat if they assured me that I could always have those laddoos. I ordered from Punjab Sweets, though. And they are smelling so good!

Yesterday I had ordered dahi batata puri from Papa Pancho. It was good but they gave the puris separately. I had to assemble it myself. What good is that?

Anyway, I didn't have the coffee and samosa at Mount Mary's. Because of the besan laddoos at home. I am so grateful for this kind of a problem.

I have to work tonight. I don't feel like. I don't want to. Maybe little bit I will do and then dim the lights and watch the city shapeshift in neon and eat a laddoo. 

Comments