A slice of pie

 Last night, V took me for a ride on his new bike. It's a really good looking bike. Looks like a mythical bird that you can expect to see on roads slick with fresh rain, with city lights melting like candied syrup in puddles. 

I usually don't like sitting on bikes, especially the big ones that guys ride. (I used to love my friend's Vespa.) But this one was really comfortable. In fact, under a full moon and coasting away near Bandstand, I almost dozed off. How shall I put it...it was very comforting. Even though V took me for a spin during peak traffic time in Bandra, the noise felt all muffled and silent. I don't know if going on a ride helps anyone imagine something different...but there was a spot when I thought I saw snowflakes fall gently on park benches and street lamps turn into large, ebony column candles and the slopes having grassy little rivulets flowing by the side.

Since he and I don't see eye to eye on so many things, I didn't ask him if he had named his bike. It is exactly the sort of thing he will roll his eyes for and say something rude. But I named her - Roma. After the movie. Mainly because the bike seemed to have all the traits of the protagonist - grace, dignity, resilience, strength, heart. 

It really feels as if I made a new friend. 


Comments