Day 1 of the new me

 Has begun well. It didn't begin smoothly in the beginning but I got stuff on track with a little bit of focus and self-soothing. The weather was okay today. Worked steadily and didn't go out. Enjoyed my chilled Diet Coke post midnight - something to wind down with. I have always loved drinks that were black and red. (Not together.) I loved Chilled Coke or Pepsi poured slowly over three large ice-cubes i a re-frosted tall glass. It reminded me of one of my favorite places in the world - a spot on Marine Drive that is not so far, close to NCPA and not so close to traffic towards Marine Plaza. It is somewhere in the middle - a little spot where equivalence resides in a world of city chaos. The sea at that spot is where I imagine the city lights are brightest, yet most fluid. Like melted diamonds and rubies. 

I jus finished a can of Coke now. I had it directly from the can so it didn't have the soft surrealism of a dark, bubbly drink in a cold tumbler. But well, no complaints. When something is not authentic but it triggers the memory of something authentic, that's still a job well done.

A drink sometimes is so much more than a drink. I hadn't realized that everytime I'd had chilled cola, I was sipping an address.

Comments