Yet another Monday

 Of the many things that happened, I got an 'Important Notice' from SBI. No good news ever comes from such notices. So I opened it and sure enough, I have to go to SBI to meet someone about something I didn't do many years ago. 

I really do not like these meetings. At least before, there used to be a nice pub opposite SBI. One could have a strawberry iced tea after the meeting. And now there's nothing. 

First of all, I can't find anything...my account number, my cheque book, my passport, my birth certificate, my divorce papers, my erstwhile marriage certificate, my mother's death certificate... it's really horrible. If you have ever been to a bank or a government agency without documentation, it's as if you and your life didn't happen. I wasn't ever married, I never got divorced, my mom never died, I never went to school or graduated, and since I can't find my birth certificate, I don't exist and I am making stuff up.So I stand there in front of that stern lady or man in the bank just imagining up my entire existence.

It's a surreal experience. It should be part of a creative writing exercise... without any papers to corroborate what you are saying, make up a life for the bank.

Earlier banks had suggestion books and I had once written that they should have aquariums in banks. It would be soothing. 

Well it's not soothing and now my head is aching.


Comments