Stuff

 Things that went well today:


1. The dhobi turned up. On the days that he doesn't turn up, my mind does get warped in a weird way. I wonder where my sweet happy clothes are...whether they have been trundled somewhere to soak up grease and oil in a kitchen that cooks owls.

2. Got a lot of kombucha. Gave some to Papa. He didn't like it. At all. In fact when I offered it a second time, rather when I insisted that he have it since it's good for gut health, he just went away to take a nap. 

3. Cooked today. Not too bad.

4. Wrote a concept note that I am proud of.

5. Got a bunch of new threads from H&M and Mango. I am really in the mood to wear long, really oversized cotton shirts with shorts or tights or as a layering piece over loose dresses or salwaars. After things open up here, I will have a lot of drapey salwaars made of printed chiffon or light cotton to wear with them. The shirts are so good. I got a white, grey, black, and a striped shirt. The black and the blue and white striped shirts are so awesome. I was wearing a black shirt after so long and it looked so good. I have to say...H&M cotton shirts were a really good buy. I am also looking forward to wearing the white Mango dress too.

6. Ate KFC-style strips of soya chaap with chilled Kombucha today. Chomped through the whole box! Feeling sick now. Overate mainly to combat the sense of dread and anxiety. Have to figure out a way to move through this without reaching for food all the time.

7. Spoke to So. Felt so good! I am working off induction cookers in Bombay because I had seen her ace it in Bangalore. 

I guess that's it. There's always something to be happy and peaceful about. And that tiny sliver of hope is often the crescent moon to launch a celebration. 

Eid Mubarak everyone.

Comments