Things I am grateful for today

 1. It was cloudy - lush and peaceful and the turmeric yellowness of some flowers spilled out like a teenager's secrets in a chat room. It was gorgeous.

2. Buying fruits and veggies at the Hill Road bazaar with V. It is such a joyful, delightful place. I didn't go to the fish market today. (I don't eat fish anymore but I love fish markets) and I bought a ton of stuff. V was quite patient. I had expected him to crib and complain because he doesn't like the heat. I love it though. The sun is our friend and summer is life. Anyway, he was surprisingly easy at the market. He did get all difficult once we reached home but well...one puts up with some behavior if they introduce you to fresh fruit and vegetable-sellers and are kind enough to manage the cash for you in a crowded bazaar.

3. My FAVORITE part of today was walking up the slope of my friend's building after maybe 20 years. 20 years. A lifetime ago. No. A life ago. The building is broken down now. As I walked up, I suddenly couldn't recollect when my friend had left the building, did we even say goodbye...but it was lovely. All those memories from all those years ago. She and I would meet to go for walks up Pali Hill early in the morning. I would go for French tuitions there. There would be boys with some notoriety hanging around. It just occurred to me that I don't have any girl friends in Bandra anymore. I don't have friends in Bandra anymore, except for V. But he is a man. Nothing wrong with that of course. And friendship is friendship - wherever it comes from and I am really happy to have V to hang out with. But a girl's friendship is sweet and nourishing like summer rain. One misses it when one doesn't have it. 

(I still can't believe that walking up the slope of that building today. Felt good. It would be nice to go there in the middle of the night sometime.)

4. V also grew up in that building so he seemed to know of spots and crannies around. He plucked some very sweet berries from a tree. They were tender, soft and juicy. He gave me a handful which I savored under my mask as I went to the tailor to collect my clothes. 

5. Spoke to J. It's always great jo to talk to her and I learn about the most random, useless things. But it's always a mood lifter. Anyway she was sleepy. She said it's because she wakes up early in the morning nowadays. But I suspect she is watching something stodgy and boring on Netflix. I have to admit that she had recommended 'How to get away with murder' which I loved. But all these pirate and Viking shows I can't follow. And I sincerely, until today, don't get the plot of Fast and Furious and the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek. But she had recommended 'Outander'. It does seem interesting. Maybe I will watch that next.

It's amazing - I got very little done from my to-do list but it was still a full day and it has ended and the time is marching on. It amazes me just how little regard the great big forces have for my task-list.

Onwards to tomorrow.


Comments