The book that finds you for the life that finds you

 I just started reading 'Radical Acceptance' by Tara Brach. Am only a few pages in. It's a book about how to tune into a deep, wise and peaceful space in you to cope with a life that is being a little, shall we say, unexpected. 

She is also a psychologist who has studied Buddhist meditation practices and I think that the solution she presents is in the title of the book.

My father is not well and he is going to great lengths to not show that he is not well, especially around me. 

I think after you lose one parent, there's a lot of pressure on the other parent to stay alive and well. Am sure that can be exhausting.

Anyway, one gets through whatever one has to get through, I suppose, one way or another. Maybe this time I will try to cut out my kicking and screaming earlier.



Comments