A day in pictures

 I am getting a little exhausted from all the pain I am waking up to every day. So today, thought, I would get a little stubborn about joy. Sketched myself a little rabbit with a little carrot. Image courtesy: Pinterest

Last couple of days have realised that I am still very emotionally fragile (and therefore potentially harmful) regarding an issue I thought I had left behind. So I decided to start a regular meditation practice again. Today, did it for 30 minutes morning and evening.

I am just an ordinary person trying to catch a break. So I decided to have myself a Diwali in March. 

I love candles. Tealights. Diyas. I don't see flames as objects. They are friends. If I ever feel scared or unsupported or low, I light a candle. Or however many I can. Everytime a flame is lit, I feel a conversation has begun. With a strong and steady flame, it's one kind of talk. With a flickering, jumpy flame, it's another sort of chit-chat. I don't quite but that philosophy that a flame drives away darkness. It feels more like the flame moved to make place for a stranger on a crowded bus seat. 

Light in the dark, darkness around the light... it's a lovely piece of coexistence. 



I sketched and painted the following picture because I thought of the tag line first: "Deep inside, I am really old-fashioned."



Comments