Uhusseds

 Today after a walk at Carter's, I stopped at Bagel Shop for a cup of coffee. As with much of the charming coffee shops in Bandra that flout civic rules with such pomposity, this one too apparently does not give water. You have to buy it. The server was rather pinch-nosed about it. I was about to throw a sweaty little tantrum to make that genteel crowd uncomfortable but I refrained. I ordered coffee but went to the medical store opposite it to buy water.

Those guys didn't have change. (I don't use a debit or credit card and none of the Gpay or such variations.) So I asked the shopkeeper that if I bought more things (which I needed), would he give me change? He said he was all out. 

He handed over the bottle and said that I could pay him any other time. I told him it will be a while before I got change. He said it's no problem. He could not possibly refuse me water.

A food and beverages establishment had refused me water.  

The posh part of Bandra is not the part I grew up in. 

But to be fair, Bagel Shop's black coffee with a shot of hazelnut was excellent. 

(The title of the post is a made up post.)

Comments