Good

 I just had cold milk and bikis. Oreos, I think they were. Felt good.

I think between today and the coming week, a few projects and engagements will fall away and I may get more space in my days to breathe and dwell. Let's see how this goes but looking forward to it.

I was a little antsy and upset today. Sometimes I feel that a lot of people take me for granted. That they will behave however they want and I will not do anything or say anything. I don't like feeling that way. Sometimes I sense the defenses coming on and I know that maybe I wall myself up to my own detriment. It's not a good feeling to have but for now, I can't do much about it.

I met V for a walk in the evening today as well. It was splendid. He waited below my building and we went to the same spot on Bandstand for a couple of coffees. (We went there last time as well). It was such a glorious evening. There was a steady, cool breeze, and soothing streetlights. I can't say for sure but the weather is usually good when he's around.

After coffee, we sat on the rocks looking at the blinking lights in the harbour. There were fishermens nets in the water and their huts on the side bright still with fairy lights and lanterns. It's such a charming little spot.

V being V was funny and loud,  making bawdy jokes about everything. There was a couple sitting next to us who were trying really hard to control their laughter. I suppose we must have come across as silly. 

According to V, sex is the answer to all problems. According to me, it's the cause. He feels that every person needs a solid, sexual life to be able to create and be productive. I feel that every person must practice abstinence if they want to do something of value. Then he always finishes off such talks by saying that my brain is damaged due to excessive vegetarianism and then he will offer to get me pork. The way he says 'pork'...like it's a double-meaning thing always makes me laugh.

Strange that I can never accept this kind of talk from anyone else. But from him... it's just shooting the breeze.

Then is my most favourite part of meeting V...our walks. Today I told him that I would drop him to his place and then head home. He resisted at first but then agreed. We usually walk through tiny lanes in Bandra with gorgeous houses. We see balconies with flower beds bursting with jewel-like blossoms. We see tastefully decked porches of duplex apartments. Today we spotted a white and gold piano in a room painted sage and cream. It was stunning. We saw lace curtains swishing in the breeze and a large dog snoozing on the couch. V will point out these things, the way people will point out stars or interesting constellations in the sky. He tells me interesting things about the older villas and before I know it, it's time to part.

Meeting him today was such joy! I hope we do it again sometime. He has promised me excellent sandwiches the next time we're out. 

Looking forward to that! 

Comments