What I thought about today

 The extent of effort some people will take to hide the fact that they are married is...I mean...complex world problems can be solved with that kind of focused, deep, persistent thinking.

Today I spoke with a friend from Pune who is likely to be visiting Mumbai in February.  So yay! Yesterday I spoke with a dear pal who has moved to Pune from Bangalore...I hope to meet her soon! We were talking about going to Lonavala and catching up there for a weekend.

I got Kombucha! Was savouring the happy rose and lavender flavored one and life felt good.

Today had a couple of discussions where I felt quite deflated. Sometimes I feel I have not accomplished anything in work. I still have to persuade some quarters to pay for writing. Not just because I need the money. But because writing as a process also needs the buttress and value that financial sufficiency affords. I don't understand why writers are considered so menial. Like all the important work happens AFTER stuff is written. I mean...even if it's a small job, it's still a job. Someone is doing it. It's still the trade-off of someone's life. 

In so many years, I don't think I could make a dent in that understanding. Oh well. No point in ranting. As my brother told me once, it's not all writers who go through this. "It's only you", I believe he mentioned. 

Maybe.

But on the HUGE upside, street shopping is back! 




Comments