Saturday

I got some bad dreams and had to work today but I didn't. Was getting stressed out. Very tentatively, I asked V if we could catch up today. I know V and I are friends but sometimes I feel he has such a big life that catching up when bored doesn't seem to fit in his radar. Anyway he was sweet enough to come.

I finally got a string of lights up and we chatted. I like our evenings like this... comfortable, peaceful, and homey. We were looking out onto the traffic, the city buzz, the glittering ephemera that an address like Bandra West, Pali Hill brings. Only to us, this address was a candy-rock neighborhood before it became THE address. Actually it's strange. V and I didn't know each other growing up. Our paths barely crossed and then one day, well into adulthood, our paths crossed again.

But today when we talk of our time in Bandra, it's as if we had spent our lives in two corners of the same page. Maybe that's how it is as you go through life in a volatile world and start losing people or drifting apart from them...some precious connections remain as bookmarks to your story - the one that you forgot.






Comments