Pain and Punjabi music, Soothing and strawberries

 My toenail was hurting a fair bit and I went to the doctor, much against my will. He was going to pull out my nail because it has turned black and it had been bleeding for a while. I got fever yesterday and my head and hand had started hitting as well. I couldn't allow him to pull out my nail though. I screamed and he told me I was being a wuss and my nail wasn't really paining. Well, it was. It was. It was. I don't know why doctors and dentists don't believe that there is pain. Anyway he said that there was no way out and I had to just summon up the courage and get it done. I told him I needed time and could I get anaesthesia. He said that the injection would hurt more.

Anyway I called V, who had offered to come to the doctor with me. I don't know whether he really meant it or not. But I was very upset and I really was in a lot of pain. Talking to him was a mistake because he said it wasn't paining as bad as I was making it out to be (what is it with these men?) And he could come home and pull it out himself. I have no clue why he even offered that as a suggestion. Anyway, he perhaps sensed that all this tough talk was not helping so he has volunteered to come with me tomorrow. But I don't know. I am scared. Dear Ma Kali, please please ...just heal this overnight so I don't have to go to the doctor again. I am really praying for a miracle.

I didn't realise how sick I may have looked. My cook was quite concerned. She offered to massage my head. I thought I would go to Carter's for icecream. On the way, a girl stopped me and asked me if I was okay and if I needed to talk. That was so sweet. I told J also about my immense pain and all of her advice to me usually involves something from Star Wars or doodh haldi. Anyway, it is always reassuring to talk to her. Even if the advice is banal. 

Carter's was nice as was the strawberry gelato. 


And then I walked back home listening to songs that cheer me up:

1. Kudi nu nachne de: https://youtu.be/3lhQX5GvMe8

2. Udtaa Punjab (this is ONE HECK of an album): https://youtu.be/Ezsb5afVXQQ

3. Ex calling: https://youtu.be/3ierD2MJEjY (This singer's voice is so light and cheery. You imagine him smiling when he's singing even if he is singing about his ex).

Well, that was that for today. 


Comments