Stuff that made me happy

 1. A banana pancake-type puff.

2. Ordered some chatpata aaloo naan from Macdonalds. I didn't have it but my father really liked it. It was fun to see him so excited to learn that McD was serving things other than burgers.

3. Went for a walk in the morning today and took a different route. It was so gorgeous! I saw lots of weeds with bright purple, orange, and turmeric yellow flowers. Large trees that looked like ladders up into the sky. (A glimpse into what Jack from Jack and the Beanstalk might have felt when he woke up that morning to find the plant grown right to the heavens). And my favourite part - a random, isolated wooden door (not part of a house or anything) that seemed to open up to a wilderness. (There are some pictures of this on my Instagram page).

4. I wore a beautiful, champagne silk sari that belonged to my mum. It has a memory attached to it (at least one that I remember vividly). Wrote about it on Insta.

5. My dress from Bhaane arrived today. Very excited to wear it someday soon. It's an unusual colour - a mix of pale lavender and periwinkle in a high sheen fabric. It's quite thin so I will need a slip. But its loose and has an unusual pattern with accordian pleats. Looking forward to wearing it with some ice-blue and cobalt-blue stone jewelry I had spotted in my bag earlier.

6. A drive through the market with my father. It was a lovely evening with strong claps of lightning.

7. Pouring rain right now. It's close to 3 am and outside I hear the sound of pouring rain. Which is, of course, the sound of a beating heart that lived through one more day. 



Comments