272 of 15,400

Went to Blue Tokai with a friend today. It was really nice. Blue Tokai roast and grind their own coffee beans (and there are lots of varieties) but their cafe is really pretty too. It's in Koramangala 8th Block. It has a very cute open air spot and a warm, cost indoor space.

Inside though, what really cheered my heart, was a denim boutique (Blue Tokai's own brand, I guess) where they custom make denims! Customized denims! I saw a couple of really sharp looking blazers in a dark wash and some really nice shorts. There were a couple of knee-length skirts that looked chic too!

I have been wanting a good shorts and jacket set. Will find out about it sometime next week.

Now the food. My friend and I both tried their pour-over coffees in medium and dark roasts that were good. I had a Kombucha ad well that was light, sweet and refreshing.

Then for the main course, we had a Buddha bowl each. Mine was a vegetarian bowl that came with rice, a creamy buttery sauce, greens and a batter-fried tofu that was delectable! That really was the star of the plate.

My friend had a chicken Mexican bowl that came with black rice, spiced chicken, avocado puree as relish, and other assorted veggies. She liked it as well.

For dessert, we had a vegan chocolate tart that came topped with chopped, roasted nuts. That was good.

The real meal was our conversation, though. With her, I feel like I have finally started to build an inner circle in Bangalore. It's not so much a circle as it is just her and me. But since I don't really do well in groups, for me, knowing that I can catch up with her once in a while, is precious. As a freelancer, you get sensitive to whose energy you stay around in your downtime. Because that really affects how much time you spend recovering when you're working. This friendship feels like a tree-house you can take refuge in when it's a beautiful summer day but you want a quiet spot to read. And not go running about.

I have never understood why women friendships don't capture the imagination the same way as romantic love does. It is equally, if not more, serendipitous as meeting a lover and exchanging your heart. There is a warm softness and a solidity to female friendships that is so nourishing. It's not even in the talking. Maybe it's in the listening. It's in the safety of knowing that this is not flimsy. That even if it's fleeting, it's still for good. When I catch up with my women friends, that is what I'm getting fed on.

Anyway, this pal is a good cook to begin with and has started further experimentation in the kitchen. She had made homemade granola and got me a batch. It was in such a pretty package that she had sketched on and decorated herself!

I came home and had some with coconut milk. Really tasty!

Just overall, today was a blessed day.

Some pics from the evening.








The last picture is of the batch of granola my friend gave me. Sheesh! I can't stop smiling! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice