271 of 15,400

A long time ago, when I had started the blog, I was fairly regular and I would write about specific topics. There was a period of time when I got a lot of emails from people who told me that they were reading me as they grieved for a parent who had passed away. I was, of course, very moved and curious about that. Today, ironically, I look through my archives and try to search out what I had written to help people through a situation that I am going through. Now I see that the readership of this blog has quadrupled since the last three or four months. So I don't know why anyone is reading me now.

I know why I am writing, though. Maybe that bears repetition. To no-one in particular, but to me especially.

I am usually a self-centered person and I quite like it. I know a version of me that is so fascinating that, at times, I wonder why it's such a bad thing to be 'full of yourself'. It's a good thing, I think. However, there is thankfully also part of me that has seen and understood the universality of the personal. And the personalness of the universal. Coupled with that is a certain joy that I find in writing. It may or may not be particularly good. But it's something I can do for free and I can do forever. Therefore, this blog is the only thing where I put the slightly better side of me forward - the side that is at least striving for a cotton-candyish kind of nobility in a rough, tough world.

Today I did meet a friend though who told me that perhaps I should not write as many excursions into my personality, as it were. I should probably write something more neutral.

I ended my day at Fisherman's Wharf on Sarjapur Road. Very cute spot with very expensive bebinca. But there was live music and quirky decor on one side of the wall, and outside there was a whole different vibe with solid wooden chests of drawers and candles burning inside latticed cases.

They serve Goan food but Goan food without the Goan vibe is...just fancy and pricy...and comes with a 'But why?!' incredulousness if you actuaally have been to Goa on a budget that costs as much as the meal. But it's a great place to wind down a rough week at. This was a sudden plan. And thank God for that. Maybe a cheery goan God who didn't punish you for not booking an Ola or Uber earlier.

It's cold in Bangalore but it's a fresh, snappy kind of cold. You see people around and everyone's looking taaza.


Comments