265, 266 of 15,400

So, things have been a bit funky yesterday. Almost lost my cool twice - came very close but did not.

Watched 'Once upon a time in Hollywood' - it's a macabre carnival, and I find it to be Tarantino's best film after Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. I didn't care much for Reservoir Dogs or Inglorious Bastards and I haven't watched Django Unchained. Leonardo is such a good actor that, for the first time, I realized what a friend had once told me - that he seldom plays different parts. He's always a man pushed to the brink of something, a man-child who destiny cradles at the end. For someone who could has pretty much played the same beats over and over, his is still the face you want to see a permanent smile on. 

I have never liked Brad Pitt too much but he is really fine in this film. In fact, I found him to the finest actor in this film - and that's no feat considering the cast. Then, of course, there is the soundtrack - which makes all Tarantino films such a treat! And the way each scene, at least visually, seems to be designed like a book cover. Like if you just turned over that image, there was a story - for each little scene. 

I hate watching violence so when the quintessential Tarantino kicks in, I shut my eyes and all. But until that point, this movie was a ballad of the bizarre.

I also drew a panda yesterday. Thought it turned out good.



Today, have come into work. Very very sleepy. But there's coffee at hand. 



Comments