Day 89 of 14,600

Desultory.

That's the word of the day. Desultory.

The day began really early with a frantic call from a friend whose house I had gone to last night. I mistakenly came back with her house key. And since finding my own house keys is such a fun game, one can imagine what finding her house key that early in the morning without coffee felt like.

Then there was an early morning call. Which I had trouble joining in for and then I could. Except that I joined in the middle and I had no context why something was being said and why. 

Then I felt a kind of exhaustion that I can imagine bears feel just before they hibernate. And we are still talking about 9 a.m.in the morning. 

Anyway, a full, heavy day today and it's still not over.

Still, I felt that this day was desultory because it felt haphazard. But I came across this YouTuber (Channel called The Wads) who I took a shine too. I saw the video where she goes shopping for hangers in TJ Maxx and Target. I really liked her regular, cheery approach to go looking for hangers. 
Here's a video of her clearing/ decluttering her closet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwSbuu7Yskc

I played a little table-tennis with someone at this co-working space today. I just had all this nervous energy. So initially, this man let me play because he was only bouncing the ball by himself. (Is it called dribbling?) Then I displayed very slight competence. In response, he brought out this huge array of dazzling moves. So I played some more, got some tips, and came bak down.

Waiting for a call to begin. Waiting for a call to get over.

I should be tackling some more work today. But no. That's what tomorrow is for.

So far, you know what today felt like?

Desultory. 

Comments