Day 88 of 14,600

Today I ate a mushroom burrito from California Burrito. It was so large, thick, and tasty. For dinner, my friend and I had gone to this place called Elaichi Restaurant. The food is so tasty! We had noodles, a button mushroom starter that was only sauteed in salt, pepper and butter. It was amazing!

I walked home today listening to music. My goal was to reach home within the span of 2 songs. It took 3 songs - Daryaa from Manmarziyaan, Nazm Nazm from Bareilly ki barfi, and the first part of Tareefaan from Veere di wedding.

Today, this happened. There is a What's App group of the book club that I am part of. Someone shared a video on the group on Sadhguru's views on the Sabarimala issue. I said something against his views. The administrator of the group said that we should not be discussing anything sensitive or political. The irony is that just before this message, we were discussing Arundhati Roy and the next book to be read is Persepolis.

I was a little put off. And I wanted to exit the group. And I stopped because one time, a friend had made fun of me calling me a flimsy 'liberal' who is anything but liberal. That felt true. I do not like it when people, such as this group, could not handle my dissent. Just as I could not handle theirs. Except that I consciously now choose to accept their dissenting opinion. And to their credit, they haven't kicked me out then, they are also accepting my point of view.

Maybe there is more tolerance than we give another party credit for.

That' what I learned today. 

Comments