I was tagged by the bald guy. I’m not being rude. That’s what he calls himself. (http://desigheeandcoffee.blogspot.com/)
1. What is your current obsession?
I wouldn’t call it obsession…but keep wondering where do feelings, thoughts, and dreams come from?
2. What are you wearing today?
Olive green cargos, an ivory, floral smock (gifted by J), and a teal shrug.
3. What’s for dinner?
Brown rice, spicy daal, and capsicum-potato sabzi.
4. What’s the last thing you bought? Magazines for mum. She was in hospital and I thought some Bollywood gossip would perk her up. (Didn’t quite work, though. My father flipped through it, while Ma slept and kept asking questions like: Who’s Neil Nitin Mukesh? Who’s Kangana Ranaut? Who’s Sherlyn Chopra? Where’s Juhi Chawla? )
5. What are you listening to right now?
Rehna Tu – Delhi 66.
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
There’s a reason why cliché’s about men aren’t cliché’s. They’re true. The sender of this tag is proof enough of that. I don’t know him personally, though. But I’m judgmental, and that helps.
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
A place overlooking the Marine Drive, Mumbai.
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Pink, cotton sun-dress, white linen shorts, candy-striped short cotton skirts, multi-colored vests, and something stringy in crimson, strappy flats.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Aquaba, Jordan (Spent many childhood summers there. Want to swim in Marina beach again.)
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Not sure if it qualifies as a language. But I’d like to learn Braille.
11. What’s your favourite quote?
The best things in life…aren’t things. – Art Buchwald
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
13. What is your favourite colour?
14. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
Good posture, open smile, and a genuine non-chalance of how you’re dressed.
15. What is your dream job?
Sleep, dream, dress-up, handle babies, teach yoga (to babies…that would be fun!), and write about the rains.
16. What’s your favorite magazine?
Used to be Vogue. But Elle and GQ are gaining ground.
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Wearing something too tight…with stuff spilling over a waistband.
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
Posh Spice (she looks too tightly wrapped all the time. That expression says it all...it isn't a pout; it's pain.)
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
Very short, very sharp…like…fingers must bleed if you run your hand through it. (That’s for women.)
For men, long, silky, glossy, smooth. (Not matted…If the man isn’t Shiva, it’s not going to work.)
21. What are you going to do after this?
Go for a team lunch.
22. What are your favourite movies?
Titanic, Naam, Kaante (actually anything with Sanjay Dutt), Lives of Others, Pulp Fiction, Cinema Paradiso, Mughal-E-Azam, This is it (its FANTASTIC!) and for some reason Jhankaar Beats. (There are lots of others…but these I came up with these right now.)
23. What inspires you?
24. What do your friends call you most commonly?
My friends don’t call me. I call them…stupid. (Some gentle comedy there.)
25. Would you prefer coffee or tea?
26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Try to get near the sea as quickly as possible, or sit quietly and write.
27. What makes you go wild?
Wild how? Good wild or bad wild? But…either way…my city.
28. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
I don’t like reading blogs. But some I enjoy: J’s blog (she’s a friend – http://www.teerathyatra.com/), the food and fashion blogs on NY Times, thebeachedshark.blogspot.com (he does nasty really well)
29. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Used to be tiramisu. But now…bread pudding.
30. How many tabs are turned on in ur browser right now?
31. Favorite Season?
32. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
I won’t cook for you. I’ll point out the fridge, the micro, the gas, and the plates. Help yourself. And you better make me a cup of coffee while you feed yourself.
33. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
I don’t avoid. I confront.
34. What are you afraid of the most?
Fear itself. Debilitating. Erodes dignity.
35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
So, what shall I eat today?
36. What brings a smile on your face instantly?
37. A word that you say a lot?
38. When was the last time you had sex?
I think that calls for a session in past life regression.
39. What would you do if you were made President of India for one day?
Not that it’s a Presidential dictat…but if I could be a President of India with powers that have any teeth…I’d be done with Kasab. And also, move for the secession of Mumbai.
Not tagging anyone. Take it up if you want. And yes…do let me know. :-)