Day 99 of 108

 Today was a day of beauty. Opposite my house is a rather dull and grey building. Rather, ordinarily it looks dull and grey. But today, against the backdrop of quilted rain clouds, it looked beautiful. Like magic. Like music. Like a perfect stone on a rough road. I had woken up early to finish off some work. I got that done pretty quickly. Then there was a huge, exhausting haul of assessments that I needed to do. Did that. 

Spoke to an aunt. Spoke to a cousin. Made an appointment for physiotherapy tomorrow. Took some time to soak in the world. It is a lovely strange place. 

I did wake up with a tooth ache today and that is crazy. It just feels as if the left side of my body is crumbling...first my left foot, then left eye,then left foot, etc. I am really scared of this toothache because soldiering through that can be sickeningly horrible. 

Pain in the body can really bring down someone. But I think that is the time...the real exhausting time when there exists the deepest opportunity for freedom. If one can only stay a witness, it would be good. 

I lost my cool with the Amazon delivery guy just because he turned up at the wrong time. And in the middle of a horrible meeting is when he was asking for an OTP and this, that, and the other. Still. It was not his fault. Anyway, what's done is done. 

Anyway here are all the things I am grateful for:

1. Papa is well. He was sounding so chirpy and robust today.

2. I had a good trip to the bank. No waiting, etc.

3. Had tasty food.

4. Finished some work on time and I was quite happy with the work I did.

5. Really enjoyed listening to a song called 'Pari' from a movie, 'Dobara'. I had really liked that movie when I had seen it long back. 

6. I love my home. I can't explain it. It is such a space of love. 


Comments

Popular Posts