Day 100 of 108
A lot of people claim to love the field of instructional design. What they love is the fact that it gave them a cushy job and good money for a long time without asking for anything in return - like a formal education, continued certification, any stipulated hours for social service, apprenticeship or internship, etc. This is why even if you are a project manager who can speak in English and shoot the breeze with business development, and maybe get the hang of a storyboard structure, you consider yourself an instructional designer. You live in the West and review the copy of Indians, you call yourself an instructional designer. And this is why this group of people only knows how to take...take jobs, take money, take contacts, etc. This may be a sign of the times because taking is how we are defining love nowadays.
So in a bid to remedy that, I plan to create a series that riffs about my learnings in the field of instructional design. Maybe I will keep it on this blog, make it a mailer...I don't know. But it is what it is. I think it is time to do my bit to pierce the delusion...Calling oneself an instructional designer doesn't make you one. Being one and not calling yourself one is better. More intellectual honesty there.
Here are all the things I am grateful for:
1. Papa is well.
2. Had a good session at physiotherapy today. Turns out my payment was already done for this session so I didn't have to pay today. That was good!
3. Cook had made really tasty pasta today.
4. Submitted two invoices today. That's always fun.
5. Talked to someone about more work.
6. The weather is just gorgeous! I am really really grateful for that...to be in the middle of work and look out at a sheet of silver rain.
7. A friend called. Sweet of him.
8. Wearing a watch after DECADES! Feel
good!

Comments