Day 26

 Here are all the things that I am grateful for today:

1. Papa is well and I went to meet him.

2. Managed to catch a late night bus to Bandra station from Vashi. The late night ride was luscious! Just zipping across Mankhurd and then skimming by Lucky junction at night was so soothing! At Sion, a group of kids and men and women got in, laughing and cheering! That was fun. I think they were returning from a wedding. The lady was wearing a bouquet of orchids in her hair studded with pearls. It looked so fresh and festive in a bus 

3. Got an auto from Bandra station past midnight. I think the auto guy just took pity on me.

4. Grateful that I had enough money to take a cab if I wanted. Also grateful that when I reached Bandra, I had enough cash to take a rick home. I remember that earlier when I would travel from work, this is exactly what I used to be grateful for - that I could afford to ease up for one part of my journey. But a lot of people who got off the bus had to wait for another bus or a share rickshaw to get home.

5. Had a nice, cold bath. 

6. Bedroom is nice and cool with the AC.

7. Had a nice chat with a colleague. 

8. Had tasty potol fry in Vashi. 

9. There was water in the taps and electricity in the house. 

10. Had a yummy coffee and Kouign Amann from the bakery downstairs. 

11. I have a home to return to. 

Comments