Day 10

 Today was a strange, magical day.

1. Papa is doing well. 

2. V took me for a ride to Gorai. The weather was good and the village is so pretty! There are ornate churches and villas decked like dollhouses. There are little lanes dotted with the shades of mango trees. Latge spacees with children with healthy biscuit brown complexion playing cricket. It was lovely! We even took a tiny ferry ride to Malad with the bike. I think the bike looked cheery too. It was such a lovely day - the backache was worth it. 

3. My cook made really yummy curd rice and besan omlette. I got a massage at home and slept off.

4. This was a kicker. This is so enchanting that I can't believe it. I had a dream in the afternoon. I dreamt that I was in a purple forest. There were silver birds and large golden blooms. I could hear the sound of water. And I smelled something. It was heady and lush. It was the mix of spicy, sweet rose and Oud. I don't remember much after that, except that I woke up with a strong desire to go get it. For some strange reason I thought I should go to Kurla. (By the by, if you cannot afford to go Muhammad Ali Road for iftar, Kurla is a worthy alternative. I love that the sweet shops are bedecked like jewelry stores.) I walked into this shop and asked if they had some sweetish, rose scent with Oud. This guy showed me a couple of options  The one I smelled first...it was EXACTLY the same as the one in my dream. Exactly! The second one, closer to my budget, was nice but...not this. Still, I was buying it because the one I wanted was four-five times my budget. I couldn't afford it but as the guy was ringing up the bill, I told him to give me my dream perfume instead. I just remember feeling that my heart would break if I left that other one behind. So I got it home and am wearing it now. It feels like an answered prayer.

5. Walked on Carter Road with a friend close to midnight. It was so bustling and happy! 

It was a good day! 


Comments