Day 1

 It is 11:39 p.m. I have returned after meeting my good friend, M, who helped me to sign up for Netflix. I have always ever used other people's accounts but this time, I got my own. It seems like a step in adulting. 

I feel that life is going to be a little rough going for a while. So, my go-to method to cope with stuff is to start a quick gratitude practice where I list 5 things that made me happy. (And I really should because my life philosophy - or at least I claim it to be, 'Amor Fati' - the Stoic philosophy of 'loving your fate'.) Here are the things I am grateful for:

1. Got to meet my friend in her office. It's very soothing to go to someone else's office for a change. I waited in the lobby. It has a dazzling chandelier and everything. That was fun.

2. I got a Netflix account and now I can't wait to watch Archies over the weekend.

3. My friend took me to a neighboring bar where she frequents with her colleagues. We had diet coke with ice and that's always such a delicious thing.

4. I loved the malai kulfi there - small creamy cubes of delectable, cool sweetness.

5. Spoke to Papa and he seemed fit and happy.

Thus far, this is it and enough for me to end the day with some sweetness and softness.

Comments