Wondersome

 Had a great time yesterday with my aunt and uncle. Unfortunately I couldn't get a cab and my uncle insisted that 9:30 was too late. So I stayed back. (Father had left for the hotel earlier with another uncle.)

And before I met my uncle, I had met a cousin and then gone to visit my sweet little aunt and another cousin, who had introduced me to script writing and movies and Lokhandwala life. He is the creative well I used to visit during early freelance days when I felt parched due to the practical constraints put on artistic pursuits.

†*******"***"

The last entry was a few days ago. I leave Bhubaneshwar tomorrow. It was a sweet day. Warm and filled with laughter and fondness. My father is the gentlest, sweetest travel companion ever. I am full. There was much that I observed about people, human nature, and the sturdy simplicity of life. In every house that I visited, a main core person was no more. That was the chief reason for my dad and me to visit, in any case. And yet...the plush ways in which we were cared for and tended to, was heartbreaking and heartwarming.

Of course, I leave the city tomorrow with a heart that resembles my suitcase...chaotic with a lot of stuff packed in. 

Comments