Strange gift

 Today I woke up with a headache. I have been waking up with headaches often nowadays. I was a little sad. But I have been feeling sad for a while.

My help came and she told me that a boy was waiting for me at the verandah. With a copper vessel, no less. One of his eyes was green and the other was blue. 

I asked her if she knew what he wanted. She shrugged and went to the balcony to get a broom.

So I went to see who the boy with the interesting eyes was. 

The interesting thing is that common verandah of my building has a big palm tree growing in the middle of it. It is really weird. We have to move around the tree to get to the respective lift. Sometimes I find delivery guys napping under the tree, leaning against the trunk just outside my flat on the 8th floor.

The boy was there. He was wearing a green suit and was carrying a copper vessel. He couldn't have been more than 10 years old. I asked him what he wanted, was he alone, and if he wanted water. 

He just smiled shyly, kept the copper vessel down in front of me and left. 

I didn't follow him or stop him because I was really curious about what the vessel contained.

I took it inside and my help was polishing my new steel trunk that I have converted into a 2-seater. 

"What is it?", she asked.

It was a blue cabbage sculpture made of smooth, fragile porcelain. It is gorgeous!

Such a strange day. 

Comments