Today

 For all purposes, my stint at one of my workplaces ended today. I was looking forward to it ending but I did feel a little sad. My team was really nice and my work was really interesting. I just felt a little suffocated with my arrangement. But I learned so much and it was a beautiful, sweet stint.

Time to pound the pavement.

I had hoped that tonight I would celebrate - dress up, go somewhere nice, have a nice dessert or something.

It didn't quite work out that way but I did what I love most. Write.

My final assignment for this company was to write a long-term piece. It was the best way to say goodbye, I guess.

I don't know what it is about facing a blank page and filling it with words. Even when there's nothing much going on or even when there's a lot going on, a blank page and a writing assignment are either the fuel of a furnace or the shade of a tree.

Lots to do tomorrow. Lots to think through, plan for, and get done.


Comments