Feels like a Friday

Today things began with a little discomfort. Sometimes my neighbors seem a tad possessive about the house help we share. Small matter. But it is insane the number of times I have received advice on how I shouldn't 'spoil' them by tipping them or giving them stuff. It bothers me at times, this mentality. That if you pay wages to someone, you own them. 

I have really held my cool. Barely. But I do seem that I just might snap some day. I hope I don't though. Everybody's getting on in age. And getting short with older people is not in good form. There was a lesson in school that went, "The test of good manners is being able to put up with bad ones." So, testing times now.

Anyway, I will now think of some soothing things:

1. Made a compote of custard apple today that I had with puris.

2. Got some calls regarding work. That's juicy.

3. I had ordered a moisturizer and lipstick from Belora. Came today. It's gorgeous, the deep plum lipstick. Belora is a cruelty-free brand and my experience has been that formulations of such brands are not rich. But this one's gorgeous! I could've kissed myself. 

4. So, since so much of my life is in a loop... there's this broker. Now, I really enjoy my little flat. I got a few books, I got a kitchen, a table to work out of, a view that's lush... it's a nice, cosy place for me. But I don't understand why this one broker wants it so bad. I mean he is more interested in my job and lifestyle than even my family. At first it was a little irritating. Then it got a little weird when some strange guy who had come to show a flat opposite mine kept hanging around my apartment until I returned from Mount Mary's (and it was 11:30 pm then). Now I am just curious. 

This guy apparently has a customer who really, really wants this flat. And he is willing to pay twice the market rate of the prevailing rent. I don't know who that customer is or when he had seen this place. But I am told he "loves the vibe".  Honestly, considering that I will be back to my gig-type days soon, it would have been tempting except that I just don't trust this fellow, the broker. And something feels a little off. 

Sure, this flat is priceless to me because of the memories. But for the amount this broker's customer wants to pay for this flat, he can easily find something bigger and furnished and swanky. (There are fully furnished flats in this building that have gone for less.)

It makes me feel really posh living here now. I mean, I will be making coffee on my induction or grumbling about the fan that has stopped working. And I will think of some person who wants to live here so badly. And it makes me look at my home in a new light. 

Oh well. Today I warded off a suspicious broker. Tomorrow's another day. 












Comments