Small mercies

Well, as a palate cleanser to such an acidic day, here are a few things I am grateful for:

1. A talk with A. He was obnoxious, as he usually is. But it is nice about how narcissism can actually deflect a lot of one's own pain.

2. A chat with J. She said that she and I should collaborate on something... something other than meeting in Delhi where we really will just wind up at Saket mall or CP and eat. But she suggested that we write a book together. It will be nice. 

3. A very soothing evening with my friend. It was very pleasant, mainly because he told me about his day that was bereft of struggle, and easy. It felt so good to live, even if vicariously, someone's smoothened existence. My life is feeling too rocky now. Too many cracked and sharp edges. Just listening to his day felt nice.  

Writing this compulsively helps.


Comments